VMware Explore US 2022 Cloud Management Announcements
VMware Explore 2022 was set to be a big event for VMware, with the infamous VMworld branding being changed to VMware Explore along with this being the first in person event since 2019, due to COVID-19. Sure enough, there was no shortage of announcements and information available for everyone this year. Last year at VMworld 2021 we had the announcement of Project Ensemble Tech Preview and this year we saw this formalise into VMware Aria Hub. In fact, the biggest announcement to come out of the event is the announcement of VMware Aria!
The biggest announcement is the new product VMware Aria Graph which is the original Project Ensemble and will capture and map in a single view, all of the different public and private cloud environments including different applications, users, configuration and associated dependencies.
With the launch of VMware Aria, VMware Cloud Management is being unified in four key aspects
- Offering: VMware Aria –A multi-cloud management portfolio for managing the cost, performance, configuration, and delivery of infrastructure and cloud native applications across any cloud
- Platform: VMware Aria Hub powered by VMware Aria Graph – Centralized views and controls powered by a graph-based data store that captures the resources and relationships of a multi-cloud environment
- Solutions: New End-to-End Services – Three new end-to-end solutions cutting across management disciplines to deliver cloud governance, cloud migration and business insights
- Portfolio: VMware Aria – Single family name to unify the VMware portfolio: vRealize, CloudHealth by VMware Suite, and Tanzu Observability
VMware Aria Products
- VMware Aria Automation (formerly, vRealize Automation)
- VMware Aria Operations (formerly, vRealize Operations)
- VMware Aria Operations for Networks (formerly, vRealize Network Insight)
- VMware Aria Operations for Logs (formerly, vRealize Log Insight)
- VMware Aria Operations for Secure Clouds (formerly, CloudHealth Secure State)
- VMware Aria Cost powered by CloudHealth (formerly, CloudHealth)
- VMware Aria Guardrails
- VMware Aria Migration
- VMware Aria Business Insights
- VMware Skyline
More information is available here.